Wednesday 24 September 2014

[Blue-denim girl][28th April 1978]

[Redbook2:116A-B][19780428:1505][Blue-denim girl][28th April 1978]

19780428.1505
Copy

Blue-denim girl

Blue-denim girl, the window-seat's
For looking, but your stare
Sees nothing: scene, nor seer.
Grey glass reflects a face
Whose inward-wondering eyes
Gaze from the sliding clouds, from moving trees,
The windows of small houses and large cars.
There's no content in these, no rest:
No certainty, no goal, nothing to grasp.

There is my life, blue-denim girl; and where is yours?
The train stops; and you leave, and slam the door,
And swing your crumpled yellow carrier bag
Beyond my sight. The train moves on –
A blue car racing us along the road:
A moderate, medium, four-door tin-plate car,
In which your husband drives you home – your home
And his, and children yet to be, and theirs....

Out on the crazy paving we shall sit
One evening, you and I, and feel the Sun,
Discuss the weather – whether you and I
Can change, or change all this.
Oh, I know you well, blue-denim girl,
And all your mind – your fears:
The endless shifting boredom of your days,
The just-discovered nature of the trap.

Blue-denim girl, I love you! Is it for this
We waste away our lives behind dull glass?
Is it for this I blunt perception?
Is it for you, and yours, I damp this flame?



[PostedBlogger24for25092014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.