Monday 6 May 2013

{The Burden}[c. October 1970]


[Redbook1:179C][197010c.]{The Burden}[c. October 1970]


                                    “I knew a man who bore a stone
                                    Around and round the world
                                    And as he passed I heard him groan
                                    And saw his backbone curled.

                                    ‘Why do you bare that stone’ I cried
                                    ‘For ever and a day?
                                    ‘Surely it bores you stiff!’  He sighed
                                    ‘It bares my soul, away.’

                                    Poor fool!  He died last May; his backbone snapped, and the stone rolled downhill and was broken up for building.  His soul is bare now, much good may it do him; whether it is borne, away or anew, I know not.”


[PostedBlogger06052013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.