Tuesday 18 November 2014

{Reactionary}[23rd April 1979]

[Redbook2:148][19790423:2150]{Reactionary}[23rd April 1979]

19790423.2150


It's funny how people's opinions still matter. S tells me that TC, apart from talking freely about my [unit] (he was my referee for positive vetting, and the interviewer crassly told him before I had), stated that I was always a bit of a reactionary. However meaningless these labels seem, at least in his sense, they still have influence – and his attitude is particularly irritating because the last the last time I tried to get him to talk Utopian politics he explained that he simply was not interested in politic any more – he had no time – or at least, that was what I understood him to say. Perhaps he had decided already that, being reactionary, I was not worth talking to politically! So far as I know his only clues to my political beliefs are my [unit], and the short-lived idea of the '[…] Movement' at Cambridge. The only difference in our approach to the latter was that he said he would stay out until he could see what emerged, whereas I stayed in until I could see what was emerging – that is, a fundamental clash between my devolutionary utopianism and CB's superficially fascist centralism.

*


[PostedBlogger18112014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.