Sunday 2 November 2014

{Suppression}[26th February 1979]

[Redbook2:141][19790226:1750a]{Suppression}[26th February 1979]

19790226.1750
[continued]

My notes in this Book are not frequent – except at times of change, such as the one I am now approaching. This is probably because I can only survive my normal work (such as auditing) by suppressing that part of my mind that gives rise to these notes. Obviously that course has its dangers: the suppression may become too successful. Why have I recently stopped thinking so much in image and concept, and found myself doing so more and more in monologue? Or is that nothing to do with it?

Company tax work is unlikely to be an improvement during its year, and I ought to stay a little longer in personal tax [work] after that. How long I stay, altogether, ought to depend on how little or how much I need to go on suppressing aspects of myself.

(On the other hand, if I pass these exams, there should be more time for myself....)


[PostedBlogger02112014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.