Tuesday 30 July 2013

[River.II.[vii]][28th July 1971ff]


[Redbook1:211C-T][19710728][River.II.[vii]][28th July 1971ff]

28.7.71.[and later][continued]

River.  II.
[continued]
[vii]

*

                                                        In my middle-age
        Youth joined me,
        Crystal water from the chalk:

        ‘A child on wind-swept fields I played,
        And among the trees I wandered:
        And I sang in the hills;
        I grew with the wind in my blood,
        And the rain fed me;
        But the red sun sank in the West,
        And chill mists rose from the water;
        Light faded; cold tightened;
        And love was stifled by fellowship:
        I went, weeping in grey lands.

      ‘Times change: Love I found
       In the shadows of that mound;
       Time passes: Love I lost
       In the deep World sharply tossed.’

*
[continues]

[PostedBlogger30for31072013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.