Tuesday 30 July 2013

[River.II.[v]][28th July 1971ff]


[Redbook1:211C-T][19710728][River.II.[v]][28th July 1971ff]

28.7.71.[and later][continued]

River.  II.
[continued]
[v]

*

            I sit, beneath the apple tree, and watch the River’s seaward roll; and as I watch, it seems to me I hear the great bell slowly toll one death.  Oh God!  Again a cry rings through the chattering rapid’s song and stirs once more the depth of my old grief.  Oh Christ!  How long?  How long in pain must I recall: so  might my memories float away; a mist of tears now veils my failing sight: ‘All’s passed – all’s passed!’ the rushes hissed, and stirred within the fading light: so might I glimpse the child I missed and miss again, in gathering night, a ghost that leaves me, shadow-kist.

*
[continues]

[PostedBlogger30for29072013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.