Friday 18 October 2019

{Dream: Brides of Christ}[18th May 1989]


[Redbook6:128)][19890518:1351]{Dream: Brides of Christ}[18th May 1989]

19890518.1351

The night before last, I think, I dreamed an episode clearly based on parts of the late John Betjeman’s tour of Metroland, which I had been watching on television with the children. [In the television programme,] Betjeman came across a house built by a priest who had been declared Christ by his followers; Betjeman described, inter alia, how some of his female followers were invited to become ‘Brides of Christ’, and how the house itself retained a sense of evil, brooding and watchful.

In my dream I was pointing out this house to [W] – she could not see it at first – and describing things more-or-less exactly as Betjeman had described them, point by point; the only significant differences that I recall were that I asked [W] whether she could recall the name of the Priest, as I could not;* and that the house had a short tower or spire, black against the sky, surmounted by a black cross.


*(Was it (in my dream) [Hunter] something??? – I hope not.)



[PostedBlogger18102019]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.