Sunday 6 October 2019

{A Dream: Sister of the Sitting Poor}[3rd April 1989]


[Redbook6:120-123)][19890403:(a.m.)]{A Dream: Sister of the Sitting Poor}[3rd April 1989]

19890403. (a.m.)

‘Eolred Sedebad’:
‘Sister of the Sitting Poor’.

It was a large hall-like building – in my dream this morning; and [W] and I had bought it. Early on we encountered a man whom I took for [BM], our farmer neighbour at [C], but whom I now suspect to be a combination of [B] our fundamentalist acquaintance* in [the village], and my Zimbabwean cousin [X]’s farmer husband […], both of whom are born-again or fundamentalist Christians: because at a certain stage in our conversation something he said, along the lines of ‘And then he sent me to...’[,] led me to ask for clarification as to whom he was referring to – the answer was God: and I remarked that only born-again Christians generally spoke like that, at which he told me that that was what he was.

The hall – which might have been L-shaped** – was gradually becoming more populated.*** Towards the end our informant was telling us what it really was, which was not (as we explained to him) what we had thought it to be ( – a shop?).**** I asked him: What did you say its name was again? And he repeated his earlier title for the building: ‘Eolred Sedebad: Sister(?) of the Sitting Poor’. And with this clear statement the dream ended, leaving that deep sense of healing integrity which at one time was quite common in my dreams.


*[See eg [Redbook5:52][19880314:1115b]{Fundamental Points of View [continued]}[14th March 1988]ff; &
[Redbook6:91-92)][19890111:1638]{Religious Fundamentalism and Crass Stupidity in the Social Services}[11th January 1989], final para]

**We were at one end of a short arm which might have corresponded, I now realise, to my position in my Stuffy# as I write this in relation to the ground floor room of [C] as it was when we bought it:

***{We are getting to know more people – all poor-ish – and helping our friends when we can.}

****{We had planned that wherever we went we might sell produce etc..}

#[See [Redbook5:22-23][19880301:2152]{Openness and Compartmentalisation}[1st March 1988]]


[continues]

[PostedBlogger06102019]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.