Friday 18 April 2014

{A Trip to the Colonies [continued]}[1st September 1974]

[Redbook2:54][19740901:1732]{A Trip to the Colonies [continued]}[1st September 1974]

Sunday 19740901.1732

            C has gone!  This morning A and I took her to the Airport; and already, after a trip to lake McIlwaine, its Game Park, and the Lion and Cheetah Park, I feel recreated.  Last night I reached a peak of shallow emptiness – (creative?) frustration – which has largely disappeared.  I could now write.

            During the week I ‘did’ Salisbury – the Kopje, the outside of the Art Gallery (closed until the end of September), and the outside of Parliament, in one morning; and yesterday the Victoria Museum.  I went to a Drive-in.  On Friday S and I flew to Victoria Falls and back, visiting a Crocodile Farm, and taking a boat trip and a light aircraft flight.  Presumably other things must have happened during the week; I recall only a fraught atmosphere.  C left rather ‘agin’ me because I wouldn’t clean her shoes while she made coffee.  [WR] (arrived Friday) did it instead. 

            A new life begins!?

[PostedBlogger17042014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.