Thursday 3 April 2014

{A Trip to the Colonies [continued]}[19th August 1974]

[Redbook2:43-44][19740819:0000c]{A Trip to the Colonies [continued]}[19th August 1974]

Monday 19740819
[continued]

            I have bicycled and driven locally a certain amount.  During the week I bicycled down to the University – no dust problems until I reached it – to sit in on a tutorial by [U] and to have lunch with him and [N].  I have been to the Archives, extended my air ticket by a week, and been with A and [X] to have tea with [C] and N in her room.  They really are difficult – not then, but at the Ballet on Wednesday: when, during the Interval, [R] and I went to talk to them, they turned their backs and walked away!  What it is to be in love.  I am told not to be offended – this is usual; but how sad that everyone says how difficult it is to get through to them.  Together on the sofa on my second evening, they cast a pall over the whole gathering, squirming and getting their legs mixed up and pretending to sulk.  But in a strange way I think they may be well suited.

            My biggest clanger so far was not recognising N.  She has lost weight.

[continues]

[PostedBlogger03042014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.