Wednesday 20 November 2013

[Faces][19th July 1972]

[Redbook1:260B-C][19720719:1855][Faces][19th July 1972]

197207191855(Copy)
Faces

Into my dreams
A strange face wanders
Into my thoughts
A strange name hears
Itself repeated: pauses, listens,
Smiles – regretful – shakes its head, and leaves.

Still I lie, half dead, half dreaming.

‘See how very still he lies:
Hands relaxed and head unmoving
Now be still, and watch his eyes.’
-- moving: open, quiet and moving.

I was not afraid of loving.

‘Col is very ill’ – and dreaming
Still I hear their voices.

                        ‘Anything!’
‘I want his memory moved.
I want the people –
            The people in his life.
There’s just a chance – a small one –
This may, as it were, jerk him back
To wakefulness.’

                        You don’t understand:
You can’t.

Still, as I wander in fields of love and in
Mountains for wonder and longing of Sea
Still, comes a voice from the Otherness calling
‘Come – to my call – to my love – come to me!’

[PostedBlogger20112013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.