Friday 14 June 2013

[Emptiness][6th February 1971]


[Redbook1:196A][19710206][Emptiness][6th February 1971]

(D.III.7.2.71)
6.2.71
Emptiness


                                                My gentle friends.
                                    I know what you have suffered at my side;
                                    But now I bear a grief which will abide
                                    When all is cold.
                                                I cannot see all ends;
                                    And yet I say to you, though not yet old,

                                                We are all dead.
                                    I sat there, dying also: night and day,
                                    I felt belovèd awareness drift away;
                                    Hand held mine tight,
                                                Cold fingers shook with dread
                                    Of bleak and utter emptiness of Night –

                                                A soundless cry:
                                    Then all my love flowed through our hands caress --
                                    Awareness fled.  Now only emptiness
                                    Remains in mind.
                                                Grieve not for those who die;
                                    Grieve rather now for those they leave behind.


[PostedBlogger14062013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.