Friday 21 June 2013

{Crisis}[17th February 1971]


[Redbook1:199][19710217d]{Crisis}[17th February 1971]

17.2.71. [continued]

            Cambridge is doing something to me.  I don't like Cambridge, and (in general) the people in it, though I like them well enough individually, on the whole, or at least I don't dislike them.  Law is boring and lawyers are imaginative and uncreative.  My own literary urge has risen since I arrived here until I find that it is beginning to tear me away from law.  And yet, what I write is objectively nothing.  I'm not much good at law, either.  Shall I have to make up my mind, soon?  I am changing all the time, even since I arrived.  Can I stay here and risk *shattering myself, or stunting my own creative potential?

*[splitting]
[PostedBlogger21062013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.