Friday 31 August 2012

{Country cottage}[12th April 1968]


[Redbook1:24][19680412:2000]{Country cottage}[12th April 1968][Age 16]

12th April 1968

8.0 p.m.
           
            I am writing this sitting beside the log fire at C.  (Full address: [...], Sussex -- commonly abbreviated to [...].)  D is still feeling bad, and I had to load the car, etc.  When we got here we found that the water pipe had come apart in two places, so we quickly fastened it together again with a screwdriver and new jubilee clips.  M and S went out to get some logs from the pile in the wood.  After tea I went out in the garden to plan railway lines.  [The black labrador] got over-excited and bit S on the nose, for which I beat him -- not hard enough, I'm afraid, because I was rather worried about S.  In fact all she had was two white marks.  We have had rather a fishy diet today as it is Good Friday -- kedgeree for breakfast and kipper to come for supper.


[PostedBlogger31082012]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.