Monday 24 May 2021

{Dream: Of Arson}[14th June 1990]

[Redbook7:148-149][19900614:0015]{Dream: Of Arson}[14th June 1990]


13

19900614.0015


In a dream early this morning (ie of the 13th), clearly traceable to things I had been thinking about before sleeping, a large residential building was on fire – I tried to extinguish a burning rubbish sack of paper in the basement (I was in the street), only to find that another, separated, was also ablaze, which made me decide that the fire had been started deliberately.


Next, I was inside the building. Two silent men came in – refusing to speak until they found my father, whom they told that the building was on fire. My mother denied this, as there was no sign of it, but at that moment my father indicated smoke emerging from the (horizontal, upward facing) air vents.


The others left. I wanted to save my journal volumes (ie such as this one) but realised that they had already been packed in cases (as if for moving – I am not sure whether this meant that they were safely away, or condemned to burn in the basement). Trying to stuff (one? of) my old IXL-type [lever arch] binders (eg of very old short stories) into my old army-surplus shoulder-bag, I suddenly realised – as smoke and flames rose outside the window of what might have been my father’s old attic room at [Chelsea Square] – that in trying vainly to save this material, I had left my escape too late.



*{There has recently been a campaign of incendiary letter- (& other) bombs by Welsh Nationalists (after a long gap). But when did it begin? About 18/6/90?}




[continued]


[PostedBlogger24for28052021]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.